This qualification is suitable for anyone who is working in a manufacturing environment and may already have the knowledge and basic skills in the industry.
The Technical Certificate is designed to increase the skills and knowledge of the manufacturing processes to improve career prospects and receive the opportunity to progress onto the Diploma in Performing Manufacturing Operations Level 2.
This qualification can be delivered in a group setting and is achieved by end of point assessments which are formally invigilated. The assessments will take place in the workplace and will consist of a mixture of assignments and externally set/internally marked short-answer questions.
The qualification contains 3 mandatory units:
- Understand statutory regulations and organisation safety requirements
- Manufacturing operation processes
- Contribute to problems solving in working relationships
One optional unit from the following is then required:
- Manufacturing products
- Principles of testing and inspection activities
- Fundamentals of using computer controlled equipment